Re: Relinking Error on SuSE Linux 6.1 Oracle 8.0.5

From: Bill Tribley <ntribley_at_csi.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:21:03 GMT

Hi Michael,

I had tremendous problems getting Oracle 8.0.5 to run on S.u.S.E. Linux 5.3, but finally I had success (thanks to Chad Edwards and my wife). The instructions below assume you don't have any data at all in the default databases installed with the product for review. If you do, back the stuff up!

After this, you should be able to load anything. SuSE has a warning about the IntelligentAgent. If I were you, I would load these goodies one at a time after you establish basic functionality.

I think the installer is lame - it does things out of order. By doing what I outlined above, you ensure that all the crazy libraries are loaded and set before any of the complex components call on them to link.

Anyone who knows anything and wants to comment please do. I'd like to understand the whys of this some more!

Bill