desperate: oracle 7.4.3.2 & visual basic 6.0 via oledb

From: <elmex_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:42:07 GMT

Hi,

as an absolute newbie in database programming i have a problem, which really drives me MAD.

I access the Oracle Server 7.4.3.2 (DGOX 4.20 MU 01) via oledb and vb 6.0 enterprise edition.

As long as the results of my queries are quite small or the level of complexity is low, everything works nice and easy.

but as soon, as the complexity is on a higher level the following things starts to happen:

i can not use alot of oledb methods anymore (like .count, or .filter etc).
.movenext works still fine, so i could live with this phenomen.

BUT: when the complexity rises a little bit more (or the pure size of the data given back by the sql statement) visual basic hangs up completely after it sent the sql statement.

-> ladelirs.Open mysql, db, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic

No error message, no resonse....

The only solution is killing the task, then.

i have tried the same statement via the admin tool of the oracle server, and i get back everything i want, so it cannot be an error in the sql statement.

This really drives me mad, as i have no idea, how to find a way out of this problem.

any suggestions would be VERY welcome !!!

Elmar

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 08:42:07 CDT