Re: Problems with UTL_FILE Package

From: Kenneth C Stahl <kstahl_at_lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:59:19 -0400

Log into the os account from which you run the program that has the pl/sql which invokes utl_file. Enter the command:

ulimit -a

If the "file" limit is not "unlimited" then there is a restriction on the size of the file that the account can create.

Also, try running the program as root. If you can create a larger file running from root then that is a good indication that some limit has been placed on the normal account from which you run the program.

Ken