Re: startup and shutdown OracleDB under Novell

From: Mike Haegele <ubshag_at_rabbit.mchp.siemens.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:02:10 +0200

Shober's wrote:

> You didn't say which Oracle Version.
> If v7.3.4, check the Volume you loaded it on, in directory ORANW734\NLM for
> files called ORALOAD.NCF , ORAUNLD.NCF , ORASTART.NCF , ORASTOP.NCF ,
> DBSTART.SQL , DBSTOP.SQL . From the main Netware Server Console, try
> ORALOAD or ORASTART . These should have been setup in the AUTOEXEC.NCF
> when you installed ORACLE.
>
> If v8. I have no experiece.
>
> If Older Versions there are a variety of files.
>
> Georgette P Cornio

Hallo,
they use Oracle 8.0.3 for Netware.
The problem is, that the administrator says where is no file like STARTDB. Can anybody tell me, how this file should look? I know, that ORASTART only starts the starter database ORCL. For other instances i have to edit the STARTDB.SQL. I suppose I have to insert something like this: STARTUP PFILE=%ORACLE_HOME%\DATABASE\INIT<SID>.ORA

How can I get the SID? TNSNAMES.ORA ?

Thanks for help

Mike Received on Thu Jun 17 1999 - 04:02:10 CDT