Re: Help - Java Stored Procedures Examples

From: Stan <sbrubaker_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 02:18:17 -0600

Well, I got past the NoClassDefFoundError error. Turns out the "loadjava.bat" file doesn't have the correct directory set for SQLJ. If you go into NT explorer to [ORACLE_HOME]\Bin and right click on "loadjava.bat," you can edit the batch file and add the correct path. If your system is installed like mine, you can change the last path listed in the JRECLASSPATH variable to [ORACLE_HOME]\sqlj\LIB\translator.zip where ORACLE_HOME is the root oracle directory. (i.e. E:\Oracle\Ora81\sqlj\LIB\translator.zip).

This fixes the class problem and you can move on to the next bug, which for me was "ORA-00987: missing or invalid username(s)" even though I can log into SQLplus fine with travel/travel and have no other database instances running. I wonder when I'll be able to test the example.

More to come... I hope.