Re: need help on export/import

From: Mitchell Loren <mloren_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 00:10:57 GMT

This is common. Before you want to recreate the database you should produce dynamic sql scripts (which you run against the source db) to recompile invalid objects, recreate roles and grants. After you have recreated the db run those scripts against the new instance. Good planning will make this easier next time. Also, contact the NYOUG to see if you can get a copy of their journal "Coalesce". It contains scripts and excellent instructions to migrate a db.