Re: Rollback segment sizing...?

From: Ralph Ganszky <ganszky_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:52:57 GMT

In article <3767F77A.B5C0593F_at_flash.net>,   Pankaj Asundi <asundi_at_flash.net> wrote:
> We are trying to insert data (about 3500 transactions, each
transaction
> being 450k) into 12 different tables. We have one rbs which is 2 gigs
> and we seem to be running out of space on that rbs.
>
> How do u size rbs based on this transaction?
> Is there a formula/rule of thumb to use?
>
> Any help is appreciated..
>
> PA

Hi Pankaj,

maybe You are running out of possible transactions per rollback segment. Because as I know, You only need approximately 40 percent of the inserted data in the rollback segment. You only insert about 1.5 GByte which should fill about 600 MByte into Your rollback segment. But You have only one segment and I think that this is Your problem if You have many parallel transactions.

How many of concurrent transactions do You have and what value have Your parameter TRANSACTIONS_PER_ROLLBACK_SEGMENT?

Regards
Ralph Ganszky

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 17:52:57 CDT