HPUX 11, threads, and cma

From: Phil T. French <pfrench1_at_tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 23:12:26 GMT

Hi,

I'm working on a multi-threaded socket application which uses Oracle 7.3.4. The program compiles and links ok but when I run it gets a Bus Error attempting to call pthread_mutex_init(). I changed the libraries to use -l:libcma.1 (along with all the other Oracle libs like sql, sqlnet, core3, etc) instead of `cat oracle/rdbms/lib/sysliblist` and the error changed from Bus Error to SEGV somewhere in cma_fork(). The error states something about running out of stack space, or failed to grow stack.

My application works fine if I remove the calls to Oracle, so it must be somewhere in those libs. Here's the compile defines I added:
-D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=1990506L -D_XOPEN_SOURCE
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED. I'm using sockets so I prefer the XOPEN
standard.

I would appreciate any help.

Phil French Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 18:12:26 CDT