exceeding session limit on I/O usage though LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION is unlimited

From: Rod Stewart <rod.stewart_at_afp.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:51:06 +1000

I keep getting the following message whilst trying to get jobs to run automatically:

ORA-12012: error on auto execute of job 1
ORA-02394: exceeded session limit on IO usage, you are being logged off
ORA-06512: at "DEV.USER_JOB_UTILS", line 63
ORA-06512: at line 1

Looking up the manual, I find the following:

Cause: An attempt was made to exceed the maximum I/O allowed by the LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION clause of the user profile.

Action: If this happens often, ask the database administrator to increase the LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION limit of the user profile.

I have the LOGICAL_READS_PER_SESSION for the appropriate user profile set to unlimited. Any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks

Rod J. Stewart Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 17:51:06 CDT