Oracle 8i oder 8.0.5 (NT Server)

From: Pierre Viret <viretp_at_post.ch>
Date: 16 Jun 1999 14:38:41 GMT

Hello

We are going to build a new system (small DWH, Server = NT 4) and have to choose between Oracle 8i and Oracle 8.0.5.

We are looking for advise. Please respond if you have experience with Oracle 8i. I guess Oracle says 8i is better, but is it really stable ? Is it not too young ?

Thank you very much !

Pierre.

Pierre Viret
Dipl. Ing. ETH in Informatik
SEU-DBA IP 1 Die Schweizerische Post
Informatik Post
Webergutstrasse 12
3030 Bern (Zollikofen)

Tel: ++ 41 31 338 18 64
Fax: ++ 41 31 338 53 25
e-mail: viretp_at_post.ch Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 09:38:41 CDT