Re: Insert date and time to a table

From: Valery Yourinsky <vsu_at_softexpress.ru>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:58:36 +0300

Y2K <y2000_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message news:3766FF2A.2DCFABDC_at_pacbell.net...
>Another quick question: how do I set my Oracle database to be case
>insensitive?
>
>Right now if I do select * from mytable where username like 'a%', it'll
>return nothing as the initial letter is capital in the username table. I
>thought Oracle automatically uses case insentivitity. Where do I set this
>option?

You can use
select * from mytable where LOWER(username) like 'a%' /

But Oracle can't use index is such case... :-) In Oracle8i EE you can create index by expression (LOWER(username) fror example)

Valery Yourinsky

---
Softservice, Moscow
ORACLE PARTNER
tel/fax (095) 333-63-10, 128-18-21
http://www.softexpress.ru
ICQ# 368 97 94
second E-mail: vsur_at_usa.net Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 07:58:36 CDT