Re: unable to create initial extent

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:29:40 +0200

chitnis_at_pspl.co.in escribió:
> =

> I created a new database instance (Oracle 7.3) on Solaris. Thereafter I=

> executed the catalog and catproc scripts.
> =

> When I try to create a table in this instance, I get the following
> error message :
> =

> ORA-01658: unable to create INITIAL extent for segment in tablespace
> SYSTEM
> =

> I tried to resize the database but i got the ora-406 error :
> COMPATIBLE parameter needs to be 7.2.0.0.0 or greater

First of all never allocate non-sys objects in the system tablespace. =

About your problem, the resize operation is allowed for versions 7.3 or higher, so operations not compatible with the version specified in the COMPATIBLE parameter will not be allowed in order to maintain compatibility. If you don't need your database to be compatible with the 7.2.x version remove this parameter from your initSID.ora. In case you need this parameter try adding a new datafile to the system tablespace.

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Wed Jun 16 1999 - 04:29:40 CDT