Re: process.dat goes larger and larger.

From: Robert Duke <dramus_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:12:44 -0500

If you are not using Oracle trace you can just delete the *.DAT files in the Oracle Trace Directory. There is a bug in 7.3 on some Unix platforms that enables it by default. Deleting the files effectively disables it. You should also notice a conciderable performance improvement on connecting and selecting if the files were large (i.e. several hundred MBytes).

Rob Duke
Database Administrator
Motherwell Information Systems