UnixWare/Oracle upgrade question

From: George Zachary <georgez_at_tig.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 08:18:46 +1000

Hi,

Is it OK to preserve UnixWare 2.x filesystems and mount them under UW 7.0.1 ?
I want to preserve an Oracle 7.3.2 database and after the OS upgrade to migrate itusing the mig
utility to Oracle 8.0.5 . I know that Oracle recommends that when you upgrade from a 32-bit
OS to a 64-bit OS you should use export/import, but the above procedure seemed to work in
a test environment.
A second question is about Dev2000/1.6.1. Installed it on UnixWare7.0.1/Oracle8.0.5
but I have some problems with linking the executables. I think there are also some
errors in the .mk files for forms45 and reports25. But it looks like it needs some
Motif header files. Has anyone gone this path ?

Thanks,
  George Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 17:18:46 CDT