Re: rebuild index?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 20:10:57 -0700

Jonathan:

So aside from the browning factor and reaching close to max extents, when do I rebuild an index? If pct_used is sometimes sparse at one end and at the other end of the tree and if blks_gets_per _access is only an estimate, what else do I use to tell that the index needs to be rebuilt? When do you recreate your indices?

Thanks.

David Spaisman