Strange Oracle Internal Error

From: <a_andy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:11:09 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to execute a procedure which calls multiple procedures. e.g

All of these procedures use a large rollback segment and I use a 'SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK....' in beginning and 'COMMIT' at the end of these.

procedure main_proc
begin
select column into x from table where ...; if x = .. then

a_procedure;
b_procedure;
c_procedure;
d_procedure;

end if;
end main_proc;

When I execute this procedure in production database it executes without any errors. But when I try to execute this in the test database (where it used to work earlier), I get an internal oracle error. I am pasting the error below :

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [4200], [], [], [], [], [], [], []
ORA-06512: at "a_procedure", line 25
ORA-06512: at "main_proc", line 5

I do not get this error and it works if, I comment the 'SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK....' in the first procedure i.e 'a_procedure' although I still have 'set trans...' in all other procedures.

I tried to comment the 'a_procedure' in main_proc and still it gives the same error for 'b_procedure'.

So, it gives me an error if the first procedure called from main_proc has a 'SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK....' and works if I remove that from the first one.

It seems there is a bug reported in Oracle 8.05(BUG# 285843), related to 'SET TRANS..'. But as I mentioned earlier the same procedure works in PROD database.

If anyone has any info on this ...please help..

Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 16:11:09 CDT