Re: Redo Log Space ??

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 23:38:26 +0200

Hi Charles,
This mainly seems to depend on the insert/update/delete volume of your database.
I usually start with 4 files of 5M each (and mirrored by Oracle, so each group 2 members, if at all possible [needs to be on a different disk, otherwise it will only delay]) and that very often seems to be sufficient.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA