SET_ITEM_PROPERTY for use with values...

From: elmo recio <erecio_at_storm.jmc.tju.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 13:56:26 -0400

I have a problem... first off, i have the name of an object (that can change at any time) in a temporary hidden text field (Oracle Forms 4.5) such that the hidden text is called CURRENT_POSITION. I need to be able to come back to that form and do the following:

  1. user was on field id_01 before he clicked on search_ids_btn (button that takes them to another form)
  2. search_ids_btn fires a trigger that saves the current position of the user's cursor (ie: field_01)
  3. when the user returns to his original form the value that was selected in that form is saved to :global.value field.
  4. finally, (and this is the bit i cant get to work) how do i copy the value in
    :global.value into the field referenced by :current_position?

ie: i tried something like this but there wasnt any provision for the property 'Value':

        set_item_property(:current_position, Value, :global.value);

question: How do i set the value of a field name that is stored as a string in another field... if the field name is id_01 and that field name is located in the
:current_position item as 'id_01'... how do i make it such that i can do the
eqivalent of

        :id_01 := :global.value;
but by calling :current_position

        ':current_position' := :global.value;

ciao, elmo
--

Elmo Recio; Philadelphia, PA 19103; USA Email: emr22_at_drexel.edu
Homepage: http://polywog.navpoint.com/~elmo Sociology/Philosophy student at Drexel Univ

Oracle Applications Development at OIT_at_TJU Linux Project Co-ordinator at OIT_at_TJU

"SO NOW I'M ALONE
 AND I CAN THINK FOR MYSELF
 ABOUT LITTLE DEALS AND S.U.'s
 AND THINGS I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND
 LIKE A WHITE LIE THAT NIGHT
 OR A SLY TOUCH AT TIMES
 I DON'T THINK IT MEANT ANYTHING TO YOU" -INSOC (Are Friends Electric) Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 12:56:26 CDT