Database Startup TRigger

From: <coakleyj_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:25:37 GMT

Hi everyone.

The new 8i system event triggers seem to be very restricitve.

For example, the startup trigger cannot contain any database operations.

Can anyone tell me what exactly is allowed in an "after startup" trigger -- I would have thought that their most powerful use would involve database operations - yet it's not supported. - Or is their some way of indirectly invoking databse operations.

What I had in mind was to load a number of commonly-used tables into cache after the nightly cold backup.

Please help

Coakleyj

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 11:25:37 CDT