Shared Pool Size

From: Kurt Troyer <katroyer_at_bcsew.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:20:14 -0500

I have run a query I found in a tuning book to review the amount of memory left for Shared Pool Size. The results are below. Given that I am not even using half of the size that I allocated, would I be better off reducing the size of the shared pool by say 10 meg and reallocating that amount to buffer cache?

Shared Pool Size Free Bytes Percent Free

      30,000,000   19,520,736     65.06912

Thanks,

Kurt Troyer Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 11:20:14 CDT