Re: How to Alter NoARCHIVELOG mode to ARCHIVELOG

From: <JohannesBavendiek_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:29:41 GMT

Hi Shi yousong,
try this ...

  1. enable the archiver by editing the init.ora file: log_archive _start = true log_archive_dest = <dest> (dest is the full pathname + first part of the filenames)
  2. and shutdownthe database
  3. use the following to enable logging:

   connect internal
   startup mount
   alter database archivelog;

   check the archiver status:
   archive log list;

   do NOT use:

   Database log mode        ARCHIVELOG
   Automatic archival       DISABLED

   (you will get an archiver stuck, becouse the redos will not be archived to the offline redo files)

4. alter databse open

ok

Do not forget to watch the space in the <dest> dirctory and install a procedure, which saves the offline redos to tape and deletes them in <dest>.

Hope this will work

cu
Johannes

In article <3765BA8E.A0F49B5E_at_bigpond.com>,   Shi yousong <yousong_at_bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I tried to make it in this way.
>
> SVRMGR> connect internal
> SVRMGR> startup NOMOUNT
> SVRMGR>alter database archivelog ;
>
> But I got a error message. Could anyone tell me how to alter this ?
>
> Sam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 09:29:41 CDT