Re: Export times: affected by size of table or amount of data?

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 16:47:20 +0200

Andy Hardy escribió:
> =

> Hi,
> =

> If I declare a 100Mb table with no data, will it export in less time
> than the same table full of data?
> =

> I thought that export times were only dependent on the quantity of data=

> stored, but my customer is telling me otherwise...

I suppose you mean a table with a extent of 100 Mb. =

If you export a table without exporting the data (rows=n) you only dump=

to the file the table creation statement, so it will be much faster than exporting the statement and rows, won't it? This way, if you export a table without any row, you only dump the creation statement, too.  =

Best regards.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 09:47:20 CDT