Re: Replication - how hard is it really? (Updatable snapshots..)

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:40:57 +0100

Who knows how big the Lewis clan could be!

Seriously though, my point about the 'black box' nature of relication is not being able (as far as I am aware) to see the state and nature of a replication process. You can see the start and end of reception from a snapshot and then the start and end of it's 'Refresh', however (again as far as I am aware) not be able to see where in each stage it has got to and what type of 'Refresh' is occuring i.e. Fast or otherwise. For information we are using a single Refresh Group to maintain referential integrity accross a number of simple snapshots.

Regards

--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com> wrote in message news:37655299.725D7FEB_at_us.oracle.com...