TNS-12547 lost contact error

From: Dimuth Samaranayaka <d.samaranayaka_at_mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:04:01 GMT

Hi,
I have just upgraded from 7.3.2 to oracle 7.3.4 and have relinked the binaries properly.

After the upgrade I have been receiving the TNS-12547 lost contact error, I have taken the following actions.
1. Included the EPC_DISABLED =TRUE status in the listener.ora file and stopped/started the listener ( have also set it in individual .profile/.cshrc file).
2. Increased the LISTENER_TIME_OUT to 30 seconds 3. Enabled tracing.

We don't have MTS on this database. Our applications uses OCI to access the database and most of the batch processes are the ones that are experiencing the TNS-12547 error.
Normal sqlplus sessions seem to be functioning normally without errors. Can any one give me any more idea's of how to solve this problem.

Thanks
Dimuth Received on Tue Jun 15 1999 - 17:04:01 CDT