Re: Error 1578

From: Pradhan <empradhan_at_dplus.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:38:18 -0400

Thanks you for the reply

My main concern is why it happened and how to prevent from happening. You mention that there is some event which can be set so that while writing oracle/os should not write the corrupt data. Do oracle/os checks whether the data block written got corrupted during the write. Which I think no way. Also I did not claimed that 1578 is caused by hardware/os malfunction. Oracle customer support said that it could be disk media failure or controller failure and so on. A simple example of real life is .. you found a wrecked car on the highway... you do know whose car it belong to, you do know accident happened just by looking at it but you do not know how it happened do you. Just a simple example.

Also my problem or 1578 is during the read only. I do agree that it will not happen with database restored from backup. We have identical sites running in production where all the hardware and software configuration are same. Also new site's system was created with backup from old site.

Thank you once again...
Pradhan

<929300295.9676.1.nnrp-11.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>...