Re: Installing a client only on Linux and Solaris

From: <dmachine_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:23:50 GMT

Thanks for the reply but when I do a custom install, only these options are available to me:

Install New Product - Create DB Objects              x  x  x
Install New Product - Do Not Create DB Objects       x  x  x
Add/Upgrade Software                                 x  x  x
Build Oracle8 Staging Area                           x  x  x
Install Documentation Only                           x  x  x
De-Install Software                                  x  x  x
Migrate from ORACLE7 to ORACLE8                      x  x  x

If I continue, it will start installing the server (I think. I never proceeded past mountpoint assuming it would install the server after I specified mount point).

In article <3756c99e.11541325_at_news.dot.state.mn.us>,   john.greco_at_nospam.dot.state.mn.us wrote:
> When you run orainst from the installation CD for Oracle 8 for Linux,
> and select a custom installation, you can select which components to
install,
> among them the Client Software set....( I imagine it would be similar
for SunOS
> )
>
> The custom installation means selecting 'install or de-install
products' option
> from one of the opening menus...( I don't have my installation CD
mounted at
> present, or I could give more detail....
>
> Hope it helps,
>
> dmachine_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
> >The installation instructions seem rather server installation
> >oriented. I haven't really found much on client only installation in
> >the manuals for installing Oracle 7.3 and 8 for Sunos and Oracle 8
for
> >Linux. I was hoping someone would be abl to help me with this.
Thanks
> >in advance for any help

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 14 1999 - 10:23:50 CDT