Re: connect internal as root

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 14 Jun 1999 09:36:47 -0400

John Higgins <JH33378_at_deere.com> writes:

> Check this: I think that it is not enough to be a member of the 'dba'
> group -- I think it must be your 'effective' group.
Users only have to be a member. Oracle just scans /etc/group to see if the user is in the group.

As to the original problem, make sure that the TWO_TASK environment variable is unset. It may be that the connect is going over a protocol which is not "secure" and does not support user authentication. In that case, the Oracle server will not be able to determine the identity of the client, so connects as internal will fail.

--

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman