functon or stored procedure to check alert file?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:57:44 -0700

Hello:

I have several Oracle 8.0.4 applicartions running on NT 4.0 sp 3.

I would like to periodically check the alert file to see if there any errors. Even better, I would like to hve email sent to me if there are any ORA- errors. I intend to do this in batch and periodically during the day. I currently manually look at the alert log.

Has ant one done this before? Does any one have a function or stored procedure to do so? Any other job. Could this be done with dbms_alert package? Hoe to trap errors?

Thanks.

David Spaisman Received on Sun Jun 13 1999 - 01:57:44 CDT