ora-12547 error

From: Joet Singh <jsingh_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 17:39:44 -0500

Does anybody understand what error #: ora-12547 means? I am on a windows 98 system with 128 MB RAM. I get this error when i have forms 5.0.5 open and i "try" to connect to a oracle 8.0 database. I am still workign on my TNSname, listener and sqlnet files so I have not been able to connect to database from forms. Now when i go to shutdown the database after i have tried to connect to database from forms, I get the error "ora-12547 Can not attach to oracle8". I have to ctrl+alt+del to stop database. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Secondly, can somebody point me in right direction so I can set up listener and tnsnames and sqlnet, for my home machine so I can play with developer/2000? Thanks in advance. Joet Received on Sat Jun 12 1999 - 17:39:44 CDT