Re: Procedures becoming invalid

From: <tedchyn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 16:23:49 GMT

In article <3761F864.5983256F_at_synergy-infotech.com>,   Anurag Minocha <anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> When i export my user with all the tables and procedures and the again
> import it the procedures become invalid. i again have to compile them.
> is there a way that i dont have to compile them again.

> file=<file name.dmp> indexes=y constraints=y grants=y

> anurag

anurag:
After import you have to recompile your invalid procedures and triggers. you can use sqlplus to generate a script - select 'alter package .... ' from dba_objects where object_status = 'INVALID'. you can find exact syntax from oracle mannual.

Ted Chyn
> please reply to anurag_at_synergy-infotech.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jun 12 1999 - 11:23:49 CDT