Re: Max number of tables in Oracle

From: Nicolas Bronke <news_at_TRINITY.de>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 15:38:42 +0200

Boguslaw Tyburczy <btyburcz_at_onet.co.uk> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 7jrmqu$gov$1_at_newnews.zoo.co.uk...
> locking the whole table does not make sense - you are removing one of the
> more important design features of Oracle!

I do not aggree. In some cases it may make sense to lock the whole table with specific locks e.g. to deny inserting records. But normally it should be better to place a row level lock.

Regards
Nicolas Bronke Received on Sat Jun 12 1999 - 08:38:42 CDT