Re: Oracle 8 and 8i info?

From: Erik <ecotsonas_at_saraswati.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 21:30:06 GMT

In article <dGZ73.809$5H.38135_at_ndnws01.ne.mediaone.net>,   "Rob Mitchell" <rjmitchell_at_mediaone.net> wrote:
> Where can I find Oracle 8 or 8i FAQ?
>
> Also, what's the best Oracle 8 and 8i books to get? Amazon has quite
> list! I don't see much in the way of Oracle iFS or their Web
application
> server technology - do you?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ---
> Rob Mitchell
> rjmitchell_at_mediaone.net

Rob,

Here is a direct quote for the Oracle 8i users guide (Oracle 8i New Features):

Oracle Internet File System (iFS)

Note:
For Oracle8i, release 8.1.5, an SDK version of iFS is available to selected sites, including online documentation. Oracle iFS is planned for general availability with the next production release of Oracle8i.

This is probably why there is not alot of info about it yet. It is not in general availability yet.

Hope this helps,
Erik

--
Consultant
Saraswati Systems Corporation - (SSC)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 16:30:06 CDT