Interfacing with Oracle8i Server via ASP. Help.

From: Brad Pybus <brad_pybus_nospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:34:46 -0500

I just all around having problems with Oracle8i!!! This time I am interfacing with Oracle via ASP using the Oracle ODBC driver.

Here is my problem. I have a table with a field called NumberofVisits. This field is of type Number(10,0). The field contains the value 1.

When simply editing a record in this table to increment NumberofVisits from 1 to 2, I get the following error:

ORA-01483: invalid length for DATE or NUMBER bind variable

The wierd thing is, if I issue an update SQL command from either Oracle Worksheet or via a linked Access table with an Access update query, the field modifies from 1 to 2 just fine!

I am having lots of problems trying to interface with the Oracle database. For more examples, see my other message posted on this same date. Any suggestions?

--

To reply to me, remove the "_nospam" from my address. Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 12:34:46 CDT