UPDATING FIELD INFORMATION WITH VB 6 Pro

From: J.R. Bigger <jimb-ss_at_hughes.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 10:23:25 -0700

I am trying to update field information in an Oracle table using VB 6.0 Pro. Essentially, I need to be able to change a date in the table. THe records already exist. I am using the following code:

Dim adoConnection As ADODB.Connection
Dim adoRecordset As ADODB.Recordset
Set adoConnection = New ADODB.Connection Set adoRecordset = New ADODB.Recordset
strConnectToOracle = "Provider=MSDAORA.1;Server=ssi_nt;Data Source=SSI_DB1;User ID = Crystal;Password = s;app=ADO" adoConnection.Open strConnectToOracle

strSqlSelect = "SELECT ORD_NO, LST_PIKTIK FROM SSI.OEORDHDR WHERE ORD_NO >=" & Text1.Text & "AND ORD_NO <=" & Text2.Text

adoRecordset.Open strSqlSelect, adoConnection, adOpenDynamic, adLockPessimistic, adCmdText

adoConnection.BeginTrans
adoRecordset.MoveFirst

While (Not adoRecordset.EOF)

   adoRecordset!LST_PIKTIK = Date
   adoRecordset.Update
   adoRecordset.MoveNext
Wend
adoConnection.CommitTrans
adoRecordset.Close
adoConnection.Close

The code works to the point of the line "adoRecordset!LST_PIKTIK = Date". This returns a runtime error saying "The operation requested by the application is not supported bye the provider". However, every reference I have shows this as a valid command.

I know the application is connecting and returning information. The other thing I have noticed is when viewing my code, if I do a mouse over on the problem line it alts to "adoRecordset!LST_PIKTIK = Null".

This is urgent!!! so ANY HELP would be most appreciated!!!!

JRB
jimb-ss_at_hughes.net Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 12:23:25 CDT