Help! Running a job from a running job

From: Fred Guimon <administrator_at_francemais.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 18:14:08 +0200

Hi,

I'm writing a procedure which manages job queues from a private job table. My procedure tries to serialize the jobs so : I use a loop for all the batched jobs to run I create the job using DBMS_JOB.SUBMIT inside the procedure with next date 30 seconds later than SYSDATE.
I run the job immediatly using DBMS_JOB.RUN

When I run this procedure under SQL Worksheet, it serializes the jobs fine ; but when it runs as a job, it seems the DBMS_JOB.RUN don't execute at all. The first job is created at SYSDATE + 30 seconds and then the procedure fails to execute it directly
Is there a restriction using DBMS_JOB.RUN within a running job ?

--
Any help appreciated,
Fred