Re: two databases under one SID?

From: <tedchyn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 14:44:23 GMT

In article <37607ABA.603F_at_gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>,   by999_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I have a really silly question, can I build two databases under one
> ORACLE_SID?
>
> Another question: Can I build another database using complete
procedures
> (using create database, run catalog.sql, etc ) while there is one
> database is running? Will it affect the existing and running
database?

> Thank you in advance, and wish you have a nice weekend.
>
> Brian

Brain, you can have two database with same name(sid) run under different box. I don't believe you can run the same sid in the same box, because you would get an error message when you try to start the next one with same sid.
Ted

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 11 1999 - 09:44:23 CDT