Re: ORA 1555 and select count(*)

From: Hans-Peter Sloot <H.G.Sloot_at_kpn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 08:23:41 +0200

Hello Jonathan,

I am afraid your answer is not sufficient.

It has to do with delayed block cleanout. Simply running again the SAP query will probably help not at all. What the select count(*) does is the block cleanout (which had been delayed before).

The select count(*) does not change anything in rollback but in the table data. If JohannesBavendiek_at_gmx.de would repeat the select count(*) he would see that the second is a lot faster.

            Regards Hans-Peter

<929036043.2129.1.nnrp-03.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>...