ODBC and Net8 problem on using migration assistant

From: fred <fredgrasser_at_netway.at>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 21:39:27 +0200

Using the oracle8 migration assistant for access databases works well, as long as
I'm only moving the structure and data (=tables) to oracle8.

Choosing the option to have the original access database modified, so that I
can test forms and reports with oracle8, at which oracle is trying to generate
mapping-queries, I get the following error message: "Error specifying Net8 connection"
There is no error code returned.

The ODBC Data Source should be set correctly, because I pass the ODBC test and can
connect to oracle8.
I'm using Oracle 8.00.0300 ODBC-Driver and Net8.0.0.3.0.0 I've also installed OObjects for OLE 2.1.3.2

The service name in the ODBC Data source is the same string as in Net8, for example
>>getora.world<<

The userID is system

Although I've learned from help, that, referring to the migration assistant, the
service name in the ODBC source must be the same string as in net8, I've been trying
different service names in the ODBC data source, for example the host string or the
TCP/IP adress, but the result is always the same: I'm able to connect to the oracle
server, but the migration attempt will fail.

Net8 also works well with >>getora.world<<. I've been checking tnsnames.ora, but
I'm not able to find any clue to the error.

Your support will be highly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Fred

mailto:fredgrasser_at_netway.at Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 14:39:27 CDT