Re: Need help on temp-usage

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 18:21:41 +0100

 There is a script on my website that allows you to identify owners of current sort segments.

A trick that may help if you miss the actual sort is to look at v$sql, columns

    executions, sorts, disk_reads_buffer_gets, rows_processed     and sql_text
where sorts > 0

You may be able to deduce the most likely candidates for the quantity of I/O done and rows-processed. The first_load_time and parsing user may then tell you who owns the problem,

--

Jonathan Lewis