Raw partitions on Linux

From: Brian Schloz <bschloz_at_aisconsulting.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:20:45 -0500

Does anyone have experience creating a database that uses a raw partition on Linux? The Administrator's Reference is extremely vague in this regard. I've tried the following:

  1. Used fdisk to create my partitions (type=Linux Native?).
  2. Modified my create database script to point to device node names (e.g. datafile '/dev/sdb1').
  3. chown oracle /dev/sdb1
  4. chgrp dba /dev/sdb1
  5. Run create script.

The script fails ORA-27038: skgfrcre: file exists

Any ideas? Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 12:20:45 CDT