Re: Oracle Parallel Server Option

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:56:57 -0700

Shirley

If you have two servers A and B, the database is located on shared disks which is visible to both A and B when you're using Parallel Server. Which SID and host you need to point to is determined by what you're trying to achieve. Are you using OPS as a hot standby (i.e. one node active, the other standby)? If that's the case, your tnsnames.ora should have a connection string that points to the active node first, then to the standby. If you have OPS in active-active configuration, then point the users to the node they need to use to minimize pinging etc.

I'm not too sure of what you're trying to achieve, but it may be that Oracle FailSafe is what you need rather than OPS?

Pete

Regards

Pete