Running Oracle and aplication from Server

From: Mick Cooke <bridgend-it_at_pavilion.co.uk>
Date: 10 Jun 1999 14:06:11 GMT

Oracle 7.3.3.0.0, NT4 SP3 and developer 2000 application.

We are currently running PC's with Oracle and the application forms/reports etc locally, connecting through sql net to the Server based database.

We are looking at the feasibility of running both from the server - it is a relatively small db (2.5GB) on Raid 5 with max users 150. Do any of you out there run this type of operation and if so what are the pros and cons that you have identified. This is just one of a number of options we are toying with so any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

MickC Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 09:06:11 CDT