Re: Newbie question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:14:53 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Paul Davies" <cobalt_at_dircon.co.uk> (if that email address didn't require changing) On Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:52:24 +0100, you wrote:

>I am getting the following error when trying to create a stored procedure.
>
>What can I do to solve the problem?
>
>ERROR at line 1:
>ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
>ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYS.SOURCE$ by 100 in tablespace SYSTEM

you are out of space in SYSTEM.

either:

alter the tablespace and add another datafile

or

alter the datafile allocated to it and resize it bigger

or

alter the datafile allocated to it and allow it to autoextend.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 08:14:53 CDT