Re: Update more than one table in cursor

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:00:04 GMT

A copy of this was sent to "Frank Calfo" <fcalfo_at_psateam.com> (if that email address didn't require changing) On 9 Jun 1999 20:25:32 GMT, you wrote:

>Can I create an updateable cursor that selects from two tables and update
>columns in both tables?

No, you can only 'for update' one of the tables in a join. you can specify 'for update of <column>' to direct it to lock the right table but only 1 table can be updated 'where current of'

>The procedure which includes this compiles without error, but when I run it
>I get
>ORA-00600 internal error code, arguments: [2845], [0], [20], [0], [], [],
>[], []

This is bug 313154, broken in 7.3.2 and fixed in 8.0.2. You should be recieving ORA-1410: invalid ROWID in its place (the error message is broken, not the behaviour)

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 07:00:04 CDT