MTS/MSDTC ORACLE problem

From: News <andrew.gayter_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:35:53 +0100

System.

VB 5.0
ADO2.1
MTS 2.0
ODBC
ORACLE 7.3 We have been analysing our ORACLE 7.3 database and have noticed something that we cannot explain.

We have connection pooling enabled and can see the pooled connections, by using ORACLE monitoring tools.
We have monitored the connections onto the database and have noticed that MSDTC will
estaliblish a connection, do something and then drop the connection. Each connection takes 5 - 10 seconds
to establish.

We think that it may have something to do with the 2 phase commit, but are unable to establish why DTC creates
a new connection each time a transaction is commited - it would make sense for it to maintain a connection!

We have surfed every known source of information, but cannot find a satisfactory answer.

Can anyone help ?

Andrew Received on Thu Jun 10 1999 - 05:35:53 CDT