Re: How to find Oracle Version?

From: <pgadah_at_magicnet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 05:12:50 GMT

All,

Just so that it's clear, what if you can't invoke the Oracle installer or connect to the database, how do you know what version of the software is installed?

You can do this from the UNIX command prompt by doing the following:

  1. Change directories to the $ORACLE_HOME/orainst

   $ cd $ORACLE_HOME/orainst

2. Pre 8.1.5 you can issue the following from your orainst directory:

  $ ./inspdver (stands for installed products version)