Can Anybody help on Maintaining a Session

From: <ashok_modi_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 03:03:53 GMT

Hi,

I am developing a website using OAS 4.0 & using Jweb cartridge. Where in I need to access oracle database. I can use Session feature of OAS & maintain a static database session. But the problem is it restricts no of users on the site to database sessions,as it binds the user to the session until session expires on the idle time. Also on expiration if use back button of the browser,I can go to previous request page & then somehow it again finds the session & database access. So alternatively I am planning to open a new session & close it for every request. I have a login screen where user enter username & password. With this I open a session access database, say select & display the result. Now from here I have to again open a session for another request, which inserts data to database. How do I maintain the username & password between requests. Or is there a better way of doing this. Pl. advice. Youe help is appreciated in advance.

Thank you
Ashok Modi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 22:03:53 CDT