Oracle 8.0.4 Trigger to Notify Java

From: Bob Hancock <bob_hancock_at_standardandpoors.com>
Date: 9 Jun 1999 17:11:10 -0500

I would like to construct an application so that when a row is inserted and the first three fields meet criteria, the data in the row is passed to a java application.

Since it is not Oracle 8i, I need to know if there is a way for Oracle to notify (via the Java messaging protocol) a java application, or should (or can) I have PLSQL exec a jvm?

Or, is there another method that I have not thought of?

--Posted from EarthWeb Discussions. http://discussions.earthweb.com Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 17:11:10 CDT