Re: oracle error messages

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 20:32:53 GMT

A copy of this was sent to farrellyr_at_my-deja.com (if that email address didn't require changing) On Wed, 09 Jun 1999 19:28:59 GMT, you wrote:

>I am wondering how I can get the actual oracle message to show up with
>the error code. Right now I get 'ORA-XXXXX - Message XXXXX not found;
>no message file for product RDBMS73, facility=ORA'. This a fairly new
>database, and I have just taken it over. The person before says that
>the messages used to show up. Not to sure why not now. Any
>suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

sounds like your ORACLE_HOME environment variable is not set or is set incorrectly.

See http://www.oracle.com/ideveloper/ for my column 'Digging-in to Oracle8i'... Mirrored (and more current) at http://govt.us.oracle.com/~tkyte/

Current article is "Fine Grained Access Control", added June 8'th

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 15:32:53 CDT