Re: ora-12638 error

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 09 Jun 1999 15:06:37 -0400

It sounds like the server is attempting to authenticate the client using Windows remote authentication, but 95 can't do it (I don't think 95 is capable of doing client authentication).

I suggest contacting Oracle support. A fix may already exist for the problem.

In the meantime, you can work around the problem by setting the following parameter in sqlnet.ora on the 95 box:

sqlnet.authentication_services=(NONE)

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman
                                        Security and Directory Technologies